Jobs Creation and Retention Trust Assistance Fund Awards
In late March of 2020 the Job Creation and Retention Trust board of trustees created the $100,000 COVID 19 Assistance Fund to support non-profits who are pivoting their services or expanding capacity to serve Somerville residents impacted financially by the COVID 19 related economic disruption. After a short application period, the fund will be awarding grants to six organizations who are seeing dramatically increased need. Grant awardees are:
- The Somerville Homeless Coalition to expand food bank access and homeless prevention services;
- The Community Action Agency of Somerville to expand case-management and funds for clients’ basic needs;
- The Welcome Project for translation services and outreach as well as to support vulnerable clients’ basic needs;
- Somerville Community Corporation for First Source jobs program staff to expand unemployment assistance and career-readiness services;
- Union Square Main Streets to increase farmers market SNAP match and outreach to vulnerable populations;
- Somerville Public Schools to expand internet access to K-12 students who are taking classes virtually;
- The Elizabeth Peabody House to restart and expand food pantry access.
The Job Creation and Retention Trust will continue to meet to discuss further action and application rounds for this assistance fund as well as other steps it may take to support Somerville residents in economic need.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link